Thursday, October 8, 2009

Our Save the Date Design

I thought I'd go ahead and post my rough draft of our Save the Date in hopes of receiving some feedback (I used Paint to hide all of our personal info.)



I've already sent a copy out to a few people for opinions and so far the response has been really positive. :) So that's good. But I'm still not 100% psyched about the design...I think it has something to do with the pink and I can't really put my finger on what I don't like about it.

Here's my inspiration:



I think it has to do with my fonts and the coloring...I'll be doing a little tweaking on this tonight. I'm going to experiment with a lighter shade of pink and experiment with some new fonts.

All said and done they will be printed out on 4x6 card stock, and will include a little magnet with our date on it. Finished off with a cute little belly band I think, I'm still brainstorming.

What do you think? Any constructive criticism out there?

7 comments:

Laura Lewis said...

It's totally cute but I see what you are saying about the pink... I definately think as whole it would totally work so you can totally go with that! I really can't think of how you could change that... but a different shade of pink or a different color might be what it needs! Can't wait to see what you do, sorry I'm not more help!

Morgan said...

Very cute! My suggestion would be to decrease the offset of the shadow on K-I-S-S-I-N-G just a little, it would make it a little easier to read. Mainly the two S's don't 'pop' quite enough with such a wide shadow. And maybe darken the color of the text on the pink a little, that might help throw a bit more contrast in there and make you like it more. Or you could always try flip flopping it, and have the text color the background, with the text in pink. Just some suggestions of things to play around with, I'm sure you'll fine-tune it to something absolutely perfect!

Jennifer said...

I think they're super cute! The offset of the K-I-S-S-I-N-G that Morgan mentioned might help, I agree. Will you make the pink of the KISSING lighter? Maybe the KISSING can be a little darker, to match the color of your shirt, while the rest of the pink can be lighter? (Hey, I'm no designer!! Just thoughts!)

Chocolate Lover said...

Just came across your blog so not sure if you have decided that pink is going to be a color in your wedding, but I agree that its something to do with the pink. I really love the save the date and the concept you are using. When I compare the 2 cards you posted, I think the second stands out because of the burgundy. Hope this helps.

Mireya said...

What a fun idea! These look great!

Stacy Marie said...

I love the "k-i-s-s-i-n-g idea, that is so unique!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!! Makes me wish I had seen it before designing mine as we have some pics of us kissing in a tree too! Very unique. Love how it's like a movie poster too. I agree that burgundy stands out more than pink. Maybe use a darker color?

Related Posts with Thumbnails