Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I'm so vain, you probably think this post is about me...

But after going through all of our engagement pictures, I found my true favorites. (Side note: I sent the moms (mine and MJ's mom) to view ALL of our pictures on our online gallery, my mom's first response (via email)? "I do not like your blue dress, at all." Uh, thanks mom, self appointed fashion critic.

Anyway, I have to share these too:





This first picture is the one that we'll be using for our Save the Dates. I'll be designing them tonight and I'll post tomorrow what I've come up with.

I'm a little torn on doing magnets...the idea of postcards with this image seems like it would be a little sweeter and then I imagine that all of our guests will hang the postcard up on their refrigerators. MJ thinks that there is only one option: magnets. But what about people who can't stick magnets on their refrigerators because it's not magnetic (we're friends with a couple where this is the case and their garage fridge has a few STDs on it, probably where ours will end up too) I feel like we should send the STD and then maybe a cute little magnet for those who want to put it on the fridge. It's still an idea in process...

How did you mail out your Save the Dates? And what would you do with a Save the Date postcard? If it came with a cute little magnet would you hang the postcard on your fridge?

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I actually used Moo cards as our STDs (5 different pictures on the front with "SAVE THE DATE" photoshopped on, and the information on the back), and used little index cards with slits in them to hold the Moo cards -- I put the "Invitation to follow" and a "Love is all you need" stamp on the index cards.

I also threw in sticky flat magnets that I found at Michaels, only I ended up opting out of actually sticking the magnets on the cards. I figured, if they wanted to make it a magnet, they could stick it on the Moo cards (and remove it if they wanted later!), otherwise, they could skip it. I did have a small problem where it didn't stay in the index card slit so some people didn't see them, but then they just ended up using their own magnet if they wanted to put it on their fridge. =) (I can't find a link to the actual item yet, but this is close -- only they were pre-cut squares, and like 30 little squares was $6 or something. http://www.dickblick.com/products/promag-adhesive-magnets/)

Just ideas! They have tons of magnet options out there!

Stacy Marie said...

Mom's are so funny like that...I like your blue dress!

Crystal said...

@ Jennifer - That's exactly what I was thinking! I think it's a great idea, thanks for the link. I will be looking more into that!

@ Stacy - Thank you! I thought it was cute. :)

BigAppleNosh said...

Love the pics!!! Our save-the-dates were conventional so we just used regular envelopes to mail them (although I hand-delivered quite a few to close friends). I would totally use a magnet save-the-date - I'm surprised I haven't received any magnets yet!

Unknown said...

LOOOOVE your blue dress! I can't wait to get my e-pics up!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails