Friday, September 18, 2009

I'm different

I know there a lot of new wives who say that after the wedding and after the honeymoon, everything feels as blissful as before the wedding and before the proposal. But personally, I think it will feel just "different". I can't wait to have our first BBQ as a husband and wife. Our first Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas as husband and wife. Our first *wedding* anniversary as husband and wife, and our 7 year anniversary of togetherness. I feel like since we've been together for six years and we will have been engaged for more than a year on our wedding day - the moments (even the silly little things, like kissing at a movie) will be exciting and new because they will be firsts all over again.



Maybe I'm just fully realizing the importance of devoting yourself to one person, in your whole capacity for the rest of your life, but I'm incredibly excited about it. If feels like everything we do that brings us one step closer to the big day brings us a little bit closer as a couple and it makes be feel so satisfied and whole.

I know I'm going to commit myself to my best-friend for the rest of my life and he's excited to commit himself to me, and I don't think there's any other feeling that trumps that.

Ahhh...love. Did you get random spurts of wedding glee when you were planning your wedding?

2 comments:

Haven and Home said...

Ohh, this is a sweet post. I loved all our firsts as a married couple and we had been together for a long time before that too. Such a special time!

Crystal said...

I love hearing married people say that it does feel different once they tied the knot. :) I'm very much looking forward to experiencing a lifetime of firsts with my best friend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails