Monday, September 21, 2009

How it all began

It's come to my attention that I've haven't shared the story of how MJ and I met.

When I was 18 and MJ was 22 (we were just kids)


His shirt reads "Life's too short not to be Irish" Classic.


Gosh I was cute!

I was out with a friend on a Friday or Saturday night and we were in our home town of Roseville partying at a friend's house. My friend had told some people she worked with (they worked at her parent's restaurant) that she would meet up with them at some point in the night. She eventually convinced me to drive to downtown Sacramento (about a 20 minute drive) with her to meet up with her work friends. Turns out that the place we were meeting up was MJ's apartment. He had just graduated from college and moved downtown with two of his friends. I didn't know any of them.

There I was, sitting on MJ's couch looking at my cell phone when he plopped down right next to me and asked me what my name was. We sat there and introduced ourselves for several minutes, when MJ commented on how long my fingers are (they are as long as men's fingers, I swear, but long and skinny) and then he challenged me to a thumb war. Actually it was several rounds of thumb war - and I won each round - but MJ will tell you that he let me win because he thought I was cute. :)

Being the competitive people that we are, MJ and I challenged each other to various card games and drinking games all night. Until we realized that it was getting light outside and noticed that it was 6:00 AM! Shocked at how quickly the time had passed I told MJ it was time to for me to go home. He gave me the sweetest kiss I have ever had in my life (I'm certain it will only be trumped by our wedding kiss, it makes me blush and gives me butterflies just thinking about it), then I woke up my friend who had fallen asleep on their couch and made my way home.

The next day MJ called me and we watched a movie at his house, which would be followed by many, many, many dates, emails, and phone calls. Almost 6 years later he asked me to marry him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... cuteness.

Crystal said...

:) thanks

Jennifer said...

This is such a cute story!! I'm glad you shared it! =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails